Look, Mom: I’m in Michigan!

Quick, painless bus ride to Michigan. This is actually my first time in the state – so I am one closer to hitting up all 50. Since I’m a dork, I counted and know that I’m at 31 states now.

The Benton Harbor/St. Joseph area is obviously quite different from downtown Chicago. It’s seemingly more of a beach/vacation town. Very quiet. But, it’s nice here and we’re right on Lake Michigan.

Lots of restaurant choices nearby – all seemingly more affordable than Morton’s.

We’re staying at a place called the Boulevard Inn. Again, the CMA knows how to pick its hotels.

Very spacious.

If I had to pick a hotel to stay in after being on a bus for a few hours, this certainly would make the cut.

Ok, off to my first dinner in Michigan……how’s the Chinese here?

Mike Hardman