Whirlpool: I could tell you, but…..

I can honestly say that visiting Whirlpool was just as fun as talking beer and sports. The people at the company were extremely friendly – and the company is clearly in the midst of exciting times.

As it happens, the times are so exciting at Whirlpool that they made us all sign confidentiality agreements. So, there is only so much that I can talk about without having to go James Bond on you……

Or, if Fight Club is more your thing, “The first rule about the Whirlpool visit is…….”

Let’s just say that it is crystal clear that the company knows its customers, knows its strengths, and has a strong vision of where it wants to go over the next few years.

Whirlpool is yet another example of a company that I did not originally have on my “list”, but one where I would be perfectly happy interning for next summer, or working for post-MBA.

And, I can say, we got to walk around a showroom of sorts and play with all of Whirlpool’s cutting edge products. Even cool for a guy like me who has never been confused with Bobby Flay.

Also, Whirlpool was nice enough to hook us all up with cool kitchen utensils. They gave us deluxe bottle openers and ice cream scoopers. I walked away with a pizza slicer. It’s the little things in life…..

Hopefully, the prospective MBA students are able to glean something from this blog post, while Whirlpool’s competitors are not!

Mike Hardman